We were very thrilled to host an in-office performance from the Staves today. These three sisters come from Watford, England, and sing in gorgeous harmony. Their debut album, due imminently, is produced by Glyn Johns and Ethan Johns (the first time that the father and son superproducers have ever teamed up), and we tipped the band for the top in our 2012 picks. The Staves are in town to play Communion at the Mercury Lounge—that's the club night/record label that's co-run by Mumford & Sons' Ben Lovett, whom we interview in our current issue. Be there or be, uh, someone who is unmoved by exquisite voices and sweet melancholia.
RECOMMENDED: See more artists play Time Out Live
You might also like
- Time Out Live: Bilal performs "Longing and Waiting," "Never Be The Same" and Prince's "Kiss"
- Time Out Live: Cody ChesnuTT performs two songs from his album Landing On a Hundred
- Time Out Live: Here We Go Magic performs "Alone but Moving"
- Time Out Live: Dwele performs "What Profit"
- Fall TV: Preview the season’s most anticipated shows