SpaHa Soul is a compilation of cusines but they all have one thing in comon - they are all dishes with a soul.
My name is Artist Thornton, my earliest memories are of my feet hanging in a sink. Listening to the sound of fresh black eye peas being washed in a pan. Of my grandmother explaining what she was doing all the while humming when "When the Saints go Marching In". You see, I had the greatest formative years growing up with my Grandma. She came from Louisiana by way of Missouri. Now as an adult - and after years of traveling abroad and meeting and seeing all kinds of folks from all manners of life; after opening 7 different restaurants with several different cuisines - I have come up with this style of cooking that could be best described as" Global Soul".
So after a day of traffic, noise, and knocking around this beautiful city come on home to SpaHa Soul!
|Venue name:||Spaha Soul (CLOSED)||Contact:|
2270 1st Ave
|Price:||$31 to $50|
|Do you own this business?|
Average User Rating
5 / 5
- 5 star:1
- 4 star:0
- 3 star:0
- 2 star:0
- 1 star:0
Great food great atmosphere amazingly nice owner. I wrote my first review October 2013 and have gone to this place more times than I can count. I have visited at least 100 times. Spaha Soul brought a great little restaurant to Pleasant Ave and East Harlem neighborhood. Owned by Artist T, he greets you with a hearty hello as you look around at the art (that rotates) and listen to the amazing music (often live) that creates a wonderful atmosphere.Things you must know:
1) The food is fresh-orders daily and isn't made until you order it.
2) There is a huge variety on the menu for all food types: 'regular/traditional', vegetarian, pescatarian, vegan, paleo, etc.
3) Sunday is brunch/limited menu only
4) RSVPs never hurt because the restaurant is small
5) BYOB BUT BUT if you want to drink based on what you order, there is a great place that delivers (and around the corner). Artist hands you his phone with the number programmed in to place your personal wine order.
6) Delivery is not guaranteed-choose pick-up or dine in
7) Not sure what you want to eat? Talk it out with him!
8) Can you say deal? Ask what the nightly pre fixe is. You will get 3-4 scrumptious courses for $35; yes that is not a typo!9) Cash only
The owner and proprietor, Artist, makes the food from the heart. Definitely a gem for the area!