Built for the 1900 Exposition Universelle, the Grand Palais was the work of three different architects, each of whom designed a façade. During World War II it accommodated Nazi tanks. In 1994 the magnificent glass-roofed central hall was closed when bits of metal started falling off, although exhibitions continued to be held in the other wings. After major restoration, the Palais reopened in 2005.
|Venue name:||Galeries Nationales du Grand Palais|
3 avenue du Général Eisenhower
|Opening hours:||Open times vary|
|Price:||Before 1pm with reservation €12. After 1pm without reservation €10; €9 reductions; free under-13s|