The Protestant cemetery is the oldest Christian cemetery in Penang and holds some of the oldest graves on the island. The cemetery was established in 1786 by Captain Francis Light whose grave within the cemetery is one of the oldest there. The cemetery was created to bury the British folk who arrived on the island in the 18th century; the site also holds the graves of some of the early governors of Penang.
|Venue name:||Protestant Cemetery|
Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah