Situated on 20 acres of land, high on a hill in Batu Maung, this museum is an old war fortress that was first built by the British in the 1930s and a majority of it is still intact. In 1945, the Japanese took over and used it as their army base and interrogation chamber where prisoners were tortured for information. With it being such a huge area constructed with stairs, halls and underground tunnels filled with war artefacts, it is best to allocate at least a couple of hours for a full tour.
|Venue name:||Penang War Museum and World War II Relics||Contact:|
Lot 1350 Mukim 12, Daerah Daya, Batu Maung
|Opening hours:||Daily, 9am�6pm|