A popular place to take a leisurely walk.
The Kandy Lake, situated right across the Dalada Maligawa is regarded as the centerpiece of the Kandy Town and was built by King Sri Wickrama Rajasinghe. Completed in the year 1807, the Valakulu Bamma (the wall of clouds) that was meant to run along the circumference of the lake still remains incomplete and has become a permanent feature, only increasing the charm of the place. One of the most preferred places in the town, the lake-round sees much activity with people walking for pleasure and exercise as well as many seeking the shade of its trees to have a moment of leisure enjoying the rippling waves and the breeze, that are constant companions along with the occasional birds and other animals that seems to equally like the place.
|Venue name:||Kandy Lake|