The cave temple, located at Amunugama, was built around 1771 AD, by King Rajadi Rajasingha. It is renowned for possessing Kandyan era paintings and architecture. The paintings are the work of four painters and portray four “Jathaka Stories” considered to be some of the best, which have survived from the Kandyan era. These decorative paintings depict the customs, and social interactions of the time.
|Venue name:||Degaldoruwa Raja Maha Viharaya|
Degaldoruwa Raja Maha Viharaya