This temple carries its roots back to 1344, and is believed to have been built by King Wickramabahu. It is built atop a rock and is recognised as one of the larger stone temples in Sri Lanka and features some South Indian architecture. The Bodhiya is planted on the rock alongside the Viharaya.
|Venue name:||Gadaladeniya Sri Saddammathilaka Raja Maha Viharaya|
Gadaladeniya Sri Saddammathilaka Raja Maha Viharaya