The shrine was first established in the 1950s and installed with an Italian-made statue of St Jude, Patron Saint of Hope. Also known as Judas Thaddaeus or Jude of Galilee, St Jude was one of the twelve apostles of Jesus and is often depicted holding a staff, scroll or book. The shrine attracts large numbers of devotees seeking the saint’s healing. Since 1952, the Feast of St Jude has been held in October and devotees from all over the island flock to Indigolla at this time.
|Venue name:||St Jude's Church||Contact:|