Winter is officially here and, frankly, we couldn’t be happier about it. Switzerland is simply one of the best places to celebrate winter, and that’s exactly what we’re doing in the latest issue of Time Out Switzerland.
For starters, we give you the inside track on ten unmissable Swiss winter experiences, from dining by the Matterhorn to hurtling down a toboggan run to taking a dip in a high-altitude hot tub.
Then we get stuck into some serious ski vibes. Switzerland, in case you haven’t noticed, is pretty darn big on skiing, and we’ve got the low-down on all the essentials you’ll need for the ultimate ski trip, including a new report which names Switzerland’s best ski resorts, followed by a closer look at some of the very finest resorts in the country, and our pick of the best ski-in and ski-out hotels – for those who want to stay as close to the slopes as possible. Whatever you’re looking for in a ski trip, we’ve got you covered – and that includes where to find the top après-ski action, for when you’re done with the piste for the day and want to get stuck-in to some premium partying.
If you’re looking for something more relaxing than zooming down the slopes, take a look at our roundup of fantastic spas, thermal baths and relaxation spots – the perfect way to warm up in chillier climes.
Another great thing about winter is that it’s a fine excuse to eat even more fondue than normal. In celebration of this, we go fondue fanatical in our new issue, giving you a heads-up on the very best fondue pop-ups and urban fondue spots, for when you don’t fancy trekking up a mountain to get your melted cheese fix.
Elsewhere, we find the hottest tickets around to clear your calendar for, from cutting-edge music festivals to Switzerland’s biggest annual sporting event, the Ski World Cup Wengen. And as ever, we’ve tracked-down the best exhibitions, gigs and cultural happenings, including a look ahead at ten movies we can’t wait to see in 2019. You won’t want winter to end after delving-in to all the gems we’ve uncovered, so pick up a copy of the magazine and get cosy.
Time Out is available across Switzerland from a range of distributors, some of which are listed below. A full list of pickup points will be available soon. For more information and details of our subscription service, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a business owner and would like copies of Time Out sent to your staff, please email: email@example.com. Or if you just want to get hold of a copy drop us a line and we will arrange it for you.
Time Out Switzerland local distributors
- Orell Füssli English book department in Zurich Kramhof.
- Zurich, Geneva and Basel airports
- All Boreal Coffee Shop branches in Zurich and Geneva
- Fork and Bottle, Zurich
- All British Swiss Chamber of Commerce events across Switzerland
- The British Embassy in Bern – Info here
- Hotel Helvetia, Zurich
- Oliver Twist Pub, Zurich
- All Mr Pickwick pubs in Baden, Basel, Bern, Zug, Lucerne and Zurich
- Crazy Wolf, Lausanne
- The Bite, Zurich
- Payot English language department bookshops, Geneva and Lausanne
- Jim’s British Market, Gland
- The British Cheese Centre, Zurich
- Geneva English School – Info here
- Hull’s School, Zurich – Info here
- International School of Lausanne – Info here
- Forever Beauty, Lausanne and Geneva
- The Geneva Welcome Centre (CAGI) – Info here
- Hamburger Foundation, Geneva
- Brassiere de Montbenon, Lausanne
- Landquart Fashion Outlet, Graubünden
- Lola Fred – Zurich
- La Grenette cafe - Lausanne
- 2B For Hair - Zurich
- Black Tap
- Brasserie de Montbenon
- Storchen Hotel
La Grenette – Lausanne
Street Kitchen Cafe – Lausanne
Expat Expo events
- Holy Cow! restaurants in Geneva, Lausanne and Zurich
- Hotel Farinet - Verbier