Have you noticed that slight lift in everyone’s mood? That, friends, is because spring has finally arrived – a fact we’re wholeheartedly embracing in the brand new issue of Time Out Switzerland.
It’s slowly but surely getting warmer outside, which means it’s time to start getting out and about again, making the most of all the awesome things Switzerland has to offer. Luckily enough, we’ve got the low-down on all that awesomeness.
For starters, we give you 20 super things to occupy your spring, from boat trips to bargains at the hippest flea markets to chilling in parks, plus options for further afield if you’re after the perfect day trip.
Speaking of heading out, our latest issue features a special Ascona-Locarno supplement. Just a short journey from all the major cities, this beautiful region of Ticino has plenty to explore and we’ve got the insider picks on where to go and what to do. From boutique shopping to camping under the stars to foodie havens, this Mediterranean-feel area has it all, and spring is the perfect time to visit.
Elsewhere, we look at sporting activities across the country, including climbing, kitesurfing and even laser tag, plus we’ve rounded-up the best yoga centres to help you stretch like a pro.
Refuel after all that physical stuff with our guide to all the essential street food festivals this season, or get back on your bike to discover the most exciting new cycle cafés around.
We also tell you where to pick up the hottest spring buys while keeping things ecologically friendly. Remember to hold back a little cash, though, as you’ll want to hit the town after perusing our music and nightlife tips, featuring an interview with LGBT+ party promoter Alex Herkommer, who selects his top nightspots.
And there’s oh-so-much more, including expertly curated picks from the worlds of art, culture and film, and a peek at some choice Swiss news, including an insight on why Swiss cities are great for millennials. So, grab a copy of Time Out Switzerland ASAP and start getting busy.
Time Out is available across Switzerland from a range of distributors, some of which are listed below. A full list of pickup points will be available soon. For more information and details of our subscription service, please email: email@example.com. If you are a business owner and would like copies of Time Out sent to your staff, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you just want to get hold of a copy drop us a line and we will arrange it for you.
Time Out Switzerland local distributors
- Orell Füssli English book department in Zurich Kramhof.
- Zurich, Geneva and Basel airports
- All Boreal Coffee Shop branches in Zurich and Geneva
- Fork and Bottle, Zurich
- All British Swiss Chamber of Commerce events across Switzerland
- The British Embassy in Bern – Info here
- Hotel Helvetia, Zurich
- Oliver Twist Pub, Zurich
- All Mr Pickwick pubs in Baden, Basel, Bern, Zug, Lucerne and Zurich
- Crazy Wolf, Lausanne
- The Bite, Zurich
- Payot English language department bookshops, Geneva and Lausanne
- Jim’s British Market, Gland
- The British Cheese Centre, Zurich
- Geneva English School – Info here
- Hull’s School, Zurich – Info here
- International School of Lausanne – Info here
- Forever Beauty, Lausanne and Geneva
- The Geneva Welcome Centre (CAGI) – Info here
- Hamburger Foundation, Geneva
- Brassiere de Montbenon, Lausanne
- Landquart Fashion Outlet, Graubünden
- Lola Fred – Zurich
- La Grenette cafe - Lausanne
- 2B For Hair - Zurich
- Black Tap
- Brasserie de Montbenon
- Storchen Hotel
La Grenette – Lausanne
Street Kitchen Cafe – Lausanne
Expat Expo events
- Holy Cow! restaurants in Geneva, Lausanne and Zurich
- Hotel Farinet - Verbier