It's official: Joe Biden will be the 46th President of the United States.
His victory, made official earlier today, marks the end of a historic run—one that unfolded in the middle of a global pandemic, that has generated the highest number of votes ever cast for a U.S. President and a run that also brings the first Black, Asian, female candidate, Kamala Harris, to the Vice Presidential seat.
Folks all over the country—from New York to Los Angeles, Chicago and beyond—have taken to the streets to celebrate Biden's win and, just a few minutes ago, the President-Elect took the podium in his home state, Delaware, to deliver a victory speech. "I pledge to be a President who seeks not to divide, but unify, who doesn't see red states and blue states, but only sees the United States," said Biden.
Below, we round up some of the most emotional and memorable Twitter reactions to Biden's victory speech—all markers of history unfolding right before our eyes.
Most popular on Time Out
- All the winners who made LGBTQ+ history on Election Day
- 12 hilarious Twitter reactions to the delayed U.S. presidential results
- This live stream of the votes being counted in Philadelphia right now is incredibly soothing
- Believe it or not, about 50,000 people voted for Kanye West to become President
- You'll be able to take a COVID-19 test at home if flying on these American Airlines routes