Chalk one up to doughmocracy.
Krispy Kreme is offering one free Original Glazed doughnut per customer on November 3rd this year at all participating U.S. shops—with an “I Voted” sticker to boot.
While the presidential debates have wrapped up and early voting has commenced in many parts of the country (here’s when, where an how to cast your vote from Google), casting a vote in 2020 during the current crisis has been unlike any other time in U.S. history.
But with a record number of Americans casting absentee ballots this year, voters across the country haven’t had a chance to show they’ve completed their civic duty with a sticker. At Krispy Kreme, however, you can still stop by a shop for a free treat and sticker (they won’t even check if you actually voted).
“If you’re out and about on Election Day, we want to thank you by giving you a free Original Glazed doughnut,” says Dave Skena, Krispy Kreme’s chief marketing officer, in a company statement. “And if you didn’t get your ‘I Voted’ sticker because you voted before Election Day, we’ve got you covered there too."
Most popular on Time Out
- You and five friends can rent an entire private island near Florida for about $50 per person
- Brace yourselves for the arrival of bubble concerts
- Why a park you’ve never heard of in the South is the coolest park in the USA
- Travel restrictions between the United States, Canada and Mexico have just been extended through November 21
- This interactive map tracks busted McDonald’s ice cream machines across the U.S.