Thanksgiving in NYC
Your guide to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, surviving the Black Friday sales, and all the sweet potato pie you can handle
Fri Aug 8 2014
Thanksgiving in NYC is tough, pilgrim. It's even tougher when you're ill-prepared. If you're staying in New York, there are plenty of ways to celebrate not being stuck in traffic or sitting on a runway. Gather some friends for dinner with a variety of Thanksgiving pies, make a reservation at restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner or head to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. With everyone visiting relatives or in a tryptophan coma, the city is yours to enjoy.
RECOMMENDED: Best things to do in New York this fall
When is Thanksgiving 2014?
Thanksgiving is held on the fourth Thursday in November. This year, Thanksgiving falls on Thursday, November 27, 2014.
Check in for updates on when to shop Black Friday sales in NYC. And make sure to get up early or get started at midnight—some deals even begin on Thanksgiving Day.
- 33 things New Yorkers do better than everyone else
- The 33 toughest things about being single in New York
- Things to do in New York today
- September 2014 events calendar for New York City
- Things to do in NYC this weekend
- New York apartments vs. London apartments: What can you get for $2,000?
- New York attractions: The 50 best sights and attractions in NYC
- Great first-date ideas for New Yorkers
- Best free things to do today in New York City
- Feast of San Gennaro