Thanksgiving in NYC
Your guide to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, surviving the Black Friday sales, and all the sweet potato pie you can handle
Tue Oct 21 2014
Thanksgiving in NYC is tough, pilgrim. It's even tougher when you're ill-prepared. If you're staying in New York, there are plenty of ways to celebrate not being stuck in traffic or sitting on a runway. Gather some friends for dinner with a variety of Thanksgiving pies, make a reservation at restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner or head to the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. With everyone visiting relatives or in a tryptophan coma, the city is yours to enjoy.
RECOMMENDED: Best things to do in New York this fall
When is Thanksgiving 2014?
Thanksgiving is held on the fourth Thursday in November. This year, Thanksgiving falls on Thursday, November 27, 2014.
Check in for updates on when to shop Black Friday sales in NYC. And make sure to get up early or get started at midnight—some deals even begin on Thanksgiving Day.
- 50 ways you know you’re a real New Yorker
- October 2014 events calendar for New York City
- Bob’s Burgers interview: ‘Nobody ever asks us to go for Chinese food’
- The best free food deals at NYC bars
- Things to do in NYC this weekend
- Things to do in New York today
- Halloween in NYC
- Great first-date ideas for New Yorkers
- The 5 best affordable New York apartments (week of September 30)
- The 50 best free things to do in NYC