The Original Rainbow Cone continues to serve stacked scoops of its five signature flavors (chocolate, strawberry, Palmer House, pistachio and orange sherbet) from its home base in Beverly and an outpost on Navy Pier, but this summer the ice cream institution is also taking its frozen treats on the road. Last week, the shop introduced its Original Rainbow Cone Ice Cream Truck on Instagram, a vehicle covered with pink and white polka dots that's stocked cones, pints and swag.
According to Block Club Chicago, the truck will eventually venture into Chicago's neighborhoods, but for the time being it's making stops in the suburbs every weekend. You'll be able to find the Original Rainbow Cone truck in the parking lot of the Buona Beef in Bolingbrook (303 S Weber Road) this weekend, from 4 to 10pm on Friday, July 17 and 2 to 10pm on Saturday, July 18 and Sunday, July 19.
You can track the truck's location on the Original Rainbow Cone's Instagram account to see if it's stopping in your neck of the woods this summer. And if this concept proves to be a hit, maybe someday there will be an entire fleet of Original Rainbow Cone trucks roaming the streets of Chicago, each blaring a jingling rendition of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow."
Most popular on Time Out
- Movies in the Parks returns with a shortened summer lineup
- A move back to Phase 3 is ‘dangerously close,’ according to Mayor Lightfoot
- 30 ways to still have an amazing summer in Chicago
- The 18 best outdoor restaurants in Chicago
- Chicago asks travelers to quarantine for 14 days if coming from states with high case numbers