This year is already pretty terrifying, but if you're looking to up the ante, Replay Lincoln Park is hosting the spookiest drive-thru haunted house Chicago has to offer starting on Friday, October 2. Located at 2833 N Sheffield Avenue, the arcade bar is transforming its back alley into a spine-chilling corridor filled with zombies, demons and undead souls.
When guests arrive at Alley of Darkness, they're treated to a short drive-in movie to set the scene and boost the scare factor. Then they are asked to put the car in park for 30 minutes, while a cast of spooky characters lets loose and terrorizes them. Visitors can expect a 360-degree experience that involves plenty of fake blood, hair-raising sound effects and realistic props. It's worth noting that you may not leave your car at any point during the haunting—so lock your doors and prepare to scream.
Reservations are required, and tickets will set you back $75 per car. Don't have a car? Replay is loaning out several vehicles that are aired out and sanitized between parties, though it will cost you an extra $25 for the convenience. Alley of Darkness will be serving screams from October 2 through 31 with reservations available every 20 minutes between 5 and 10:40pm.
Most popular on Time Out
- City of Chicago shares new rules for outdoor dining this winter
- Beloved bar Southport Lanes to close after 98 years in Lakeview
- ZooLights will still illuminate Lincoln Park this year, but you’ll have to pay admission to get in
- The best apple picking near Chicago
- 6 places in the Midwest that look like they could be in Europe