Though outdoor dining is currently allowed in Chicago, the blustery, snowy forecast has drastically limited our options. But if you are willing to brave the cold to eat and drink outside, you might as well go all in. The folks at PB&J in the West Loop have just the thing: a life-size igloo made from 400 pounds of fresh ice.
The frozen dome will be installed outside of 205 N Peoria Street from January 29 through February 14 (or until a warm front rolls through Chicago). It's just one element of the restaurant's "ice bar" experience, which will take over the entire outdoor area and offer guests an interactive alfresco dining destination. Visitors will be able to order from the regular food and drink menu, which includes loaded pizzas, stacked sandwiches and craft cocktails. We have a feeling that the specialty ice shots will be a big hit, too—just be sure to wear gloves if you want to indulge.
PB&J will be taking reservations through OpenTable, but walk-in guests are welcome, too. If it's been a while since you've dined out, remember to limit your party size to six people, wear a mask and keep your distance from other parties.
Most popular on Time Out
- Chicago’s first vegan-owned doughnut shop deals in crave-worthy flavors
- 23 guilty pleasures that every Chicagoan embraces
- How, where and when will I be able to get the vaccine in Chicago?
- Check out a stunning new public art installation at the foot of Willis Tower
- The 50 best gangster movies of all time