There's something about the holiday season that makes us feel particularly nostalgic for nights spent huddled in Chicago's best bars. It'll be awhile before we can frequent our favorite local watering holes again, but in the meantime, Chicago bartenders want to make sure you're sipping quality cocktails at home.
That's precisely why the folks behind popular River North bar Three Dots and a Dash launched their first-ever virtual cocktail bar last week. Helmed by beverage director Kevin Beary, Gin and Juice is a delivery- and takeout-only concept that specializes in DIY drink kits that'll help you master the classics at home, including Daiquiris, Palomas and Negronis. Once you've got the basics down, try your hand at tropical sippers like the Chartreuse Swizzle or the Painkiller.
Most of the single-drink cocktail kits cost about $10; the large-format kits serve six to 12 drinks and go for $40–$120. Included in each bundle is absolutely everything you need to become a mix master at home—including easy-to-follow instructions from Beary and the experts at Three Dots and a Dash.
Most popular on Time Out
- The 15 biggest lies Chicagoans tell themselves (and others)
- Where to see dazzling Christmas lights in Chicago
- Can I travel right now? Chicago’s emergency travel restrictions explained
- Chicago holiday traditions that aren’t happening this year
- 11 wonderfully cozy outdoor dining spots in Chicago