All this time at home is really testing our patience and our cooking skills. Some of the best chefs in Chicago can help you with the latter, thanks to a new series launching on Instagram Live on Friday, April 17. Hosted by Goose Island Beer Co., the nine-part cooking series features at-home demonstrations for top Chicago talent, including Stephanie Izard, Joe Flamm, Diana Dávila and Abe Conlon.
In addition to showing off their prowess in the kitchen, the featured chefs will each select a charity to which Goose Island will donate $1,000. Jonathan Zaragoza of beloved Archer Heights spot Birrieria Zaragoza kicks off the series tomorrow at 4pm; he'll be making coctel de camarones (Mexican shrimp cocktail). All demonstrations are hosted on Goose Island's Instagram account—check out the full schedule below, and mark your calendar to catch these amazing Chicago chefs in the kitchen.
April 17 at 4pm: Jonathan Zaragoza, Birrieria Zaragoza
April 22 at 3pm: Stephanie Izard, Girl & the Goat, Duck Duck Goat, Cabra, Little Goat Diner
April 27 at 4pm: Won Kim, Kimski
April 29 at 4pm: Diana Dávila, Mi Tocaya Antojería
May 8 at 4pm: Joe Flamm, formerly of Spiaggia
May 11 at 4pm: Abe Conlon, Fat Rice
May 19 at 4pm: Paul Kahan, One Off Hospitality
May 25 at 4pm: Cameron Grant, Osteria Langhe
June 3 at 3pm: Beverly Kim, Parachute
Most popular on Time Out
- Stuck at home for your birthday? Here’s where to find cake in Chicago right now.
- How to make the perfect Negroni at home, according to the Violet Hour
- These Chicago illustrators perfectly capture what life is like right now
- The Shedd Aquarium’s live cam is equal parts relaxing and mesmerizing
- Chicago will begin enforcing a curfew on liquor sales while the ‘stay-at-home’ order is in effect