Sadly, we won't be able to wander the greenery-filled halls of the Lincoln Park Conservatory this year during its annual holiday show, an event that ordinarily showcases an eye-popping assortment of poinsettias throughout November and December. Instead, holiday plant-lovers will have to settle for the Conservatory's massive online sale, where shoppers can take home a selection of the show's poinsettias to display in their own home.
"Deck Your Halls: Poinsettias for a Purpose" is offering more than 700 colorful poinsettia varieties for sale, all of which have been hand-raised since June by the Conservatory's expert gardeners. The six- to 10-inch plants are priced between $10 to $45 according to size, and cover a range of Christmasy colors (we're particularly fond of the "Viking Cinnamon" variety, a cheery rose- and cream-toned bloomer). Best of all, all proceeds from the online sale will benefit the Conservatory's programming, helping to ensure that we can enjoy more poinsettia shows in years to come—and hopefully in person.
Itching to add some holiday color to your apartment? Hurry up and make your pick—while the sale technically runs until November 29, some varieties have already sold out. Happy shopping!
Most popular on Time Out
- Can I travel right now? Chicago’s emergency travel restrictions explained
- The new Chicago Bulls jersey is a tribute to the city’s Art Deco architecture
- Where to see dazzling Christmas lights in Chicago
- Chicago holiday traditions that aren’t happening this year
- Mayor Lightfoot issues a stay-at-home advisory for Chicago