The beginning of the fall theater season continues to creep backward into August, with terrific new shows already up and running, including the Hypocrites' epic All Our Tragic and Sideshow Theatre Company's Stupid Fucking Bird. But as we enter the post–Labor Day season, it's time to look ahead to what's new and necessary in the next few months—including highly anticipated performances like Larry Yando's turn in King Lear and tantalizing new works such as Nambi E. Kelley's adaptation of Native Son. Here's what we're most intrigued by on Chicago stages this fall.
RECOMMENDED: Your guide to fall in Chicago
You might also like
- The Duchess of Malfi at Strawdog Theatre Company | Theater review
- The Rover at 20% Theatre Company | Theater review
- Fall Preview Critics’ Picks | Yet more Theater events this fall
- Aaron Thielen and Michael Mahler’s new musical Hero at Marriott Theatre
- The best shows to see during Chicago Theatre Week