11. It's been said that anyone in New York City can get laid if they drink at the bar 'til 4am when standards are drastically lowered. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) LA's early last call just doesn't allow enough time for that.
12. Pretty much every TV show set in LA (Entourage, The L Word, 90210) makes it look like Angelenos can have sex with an attractive stranger/acquaintance seemingly at will. But in reality we're home alone watching it happen on Netflix—while half-heartedly browsing Tinder.
13. Vowing to only date people who live on your side of town, then regretting it after you break up and suddenly see them everywhere, all the time.
14. Everyone's always looking for the better deal. With ten million people to choose from, the fantasy persists that a better person is right around the corner, no matter how good your present company may be.
15. The freeways constantly remind you that you're single. Thanks, carpool lanes.
16. That moment of terror/envy when the kiss cam comes on at Dodgers/Lakers/Clippers/Kings games. Time for a beer run.
17. Not being able to drop off your significant other to put your name in at Din Tai Fung while you park, or pick up your Mozza 2 Go order while you circle.
18. Being coupled up means you've got a ride to and from LAX. Single life means shelling out bucks or begging for a ride on Facebook.