1. That hottie you just met? Yeah, he/she is an actor, a.k.a. unemployed.
2. Or they're a bartender at that awesome new spot in your neighborhood, but after a bad date you realize you can never, ever go back there.
3. Living on the Eastside and going on a date with someone who lives in Venice, or vice versa. Even if things go well, you're just going to find yourself in a long distance relationship.
4. When you hear about the amazing apartment your couple friends are looking at, knowing they can actually afford it because they're splitting the rent.
5. Ladies, when people exclaim that you can't hike alone or walk by yourself at night because "what if something bad happens?" and you half resent them, half agree with them.
7. On those rare days when it's gloomy or rainy, you don't have a partner to snuggle/watch movies/listen to records with all day.
8. Walks of shame exist here. They may just be to your car/Uber, but they still exist and they still suck.
10. Headshots on dating profiles. Make it stop.
11. It's been said that anyone in New York City can get laid if they drink at the bar 'til 4am when standards are drastically lowered. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) LA's early last call just doesn't allow enough time for that.
12. Pretty much every TV show set in LA (Entourage, The L Word, 90210) makes it look like Angelenos can have sex with an attractive stranger/acquaintance seemingly at will. But in reality we're home alone watching it happen on Netflix—while half-heartedly browsing Tinder.
13. Vowing to only date people who live on your side of town, then regretting it after you break up and suddenly see them everywhere, all the time.
14. Everyone's always looking for the better deal. With ten million people to choose from, the fantasy persists that a better person is right around the corner, no matter how good your present company may be.
15. The freeways constantly remind you that you're single. Thanks, carpool lanes.
16. That moment of terror/envy when the kiss cam comes on at Dodgers/Lakers/Clippers/Kings games. Time for a beer run.
18. Being coupled up means you've got a ride to and from LAX. Single life means shelling out bucks or begging for a ride on Facebook.
20. Being asked to take said happy couples' pictures. It's not like you have anything(one) better to do.
21. Small plate menus are just awkward when you're the only single person in a group full of couples.
22. Stalking all the LA wedding blogs and wondering how you'll ever afford to get married at Huntington Library... then feeling embarrassed for even looking when you're so goddamn single.
23. You'd think taking a new flame to a movie premiere would make you seem pretty cool. Problem is, that's a standard date here.
24. People who list "hiking" in their dating profiles but only really hike Runyon (yawn) twice a year.
25. If you're a straight guy on Tinder in LA, you're literally competing against celebrities like Terrell Owens and Pauly Shore. Even Pauly Shore is getting laid more than you. We rest our case.