The normally tight-lipped Disney has been in quite a sharing mood lately, releasing recipes for its famous churros and Dole Whip on its Disney Parks blog. The latest creation to be let out of the vault? The tasty grilled three-cheese sandwich found at Woody’s Lunch Box inside Disney World’s Hollywood Studios. It’s a gooey, soul-warming sando that’s been a staple of Toy Story Land since it opened in 2018.
Cooking up Disney’s version of the classic comfort-food dish will require a great many ingredients, which you should get a headstart on ordering from your local grocery store. Fortunately, the recipe itself is fairly simple, calling for some basic prepping, spreading and assembling. The hardest part of the whole process will be nailing the perfect cheese-pull photo. You might want to double the recipe and give yourself room to practice.
Cream Cheese Spread
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Double Gloucester or cheddar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
- 8 slices of artisan bread
- 8 cheddar cheese slices
- 8 provolone slices
For Cream Cheese Spread:
Combine cream cheese, Double Gloucester or cheddar, heavy cream, and salt in food processor. Blend until smooth. Set aside.
For Garlic Spread:
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic, and salt in small bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
For Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich:
- Lay out artisan bread slices on parchment paper or large cutting board.
- Place 2 slices of cheddar on 4 of the bread slices. Place 2 slices of provolone on the remaining bread slices.
- Equally spoon cream cheese spread on slices with provolone. Gently smooth cream cheese spread over each slice.
- Press cheddar side and provolone side together.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes, until hot.
- Brush both sides of the sandwiches with garlic spread.
- Grill sandwiches for 2 minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
Most popular on Time Out
-People in Miami are sharing their window views during lockdown and they’re stunning
-Buy this Miami roaster’s specialty coffee and help the local restaurant industry
-Miamians can’t stop throwing balcony parties and the raves are getting wilder
-Zoo Miami just shared the cutest birth announcement
-City of Miami is now requiring residents to wear masks in public
Want more? Sign up here to stay in the know.