Can you tell which of these quotes are from Republican Presidential contenders at last night's debate in Cincinnati and which are from George Orwell's classic dystopian novel 1984? The answers may surprise you!
1. “I defunded Planned Parenthood more than four years ago, I’ve got a position that’s in line with everyday America.”
2. "He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past."
3. "It’s time that we recognize the Supreme Court is not the supreme being, and we change the policy to be pro-life and protect children instead of rip up their body parts and sell them like they’re parts to a Buick."
4. "War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength."
5. "Many killings, murders, crime, drugs pouring across the border, are money going out and the drugs coming in. And I said we need to build a wall, and it has to be built quickly."
6. "It's important that we reach out to people who live in the shadows."
7. "We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness."
8. "If I was trying to destroy this country, what I would do is find a way to drive wedges between all the people, drive the debt to an unsustainable level, and then step off the stage as a world leader and let our enemies increase while we decreased our capacity as a military person. And that’s what [Hillary Clinton] is doing."
9. "We do not merely destroy our enemies; we change them."
10. "Under Obama and Clinton, we found a lot of mush over the last two years."
11. "The Mexican government is much smarter, much sharper, much more cunning. And they send the bad ones over because they don’t want to pay for them. They don’t want to take care of them."
12. "The best books are those that tell you what you know already."
13. "I do believe in miracles."
14. "I’m the only one to separate Siamese twins."
ANSWERS: 1. Scott Walker 2. 1984 3. Mike Huckabee 4. 1984 5. Donald Trump 6. John Kasich 7. 1984 8. Dr. Ben Carson 9. 1984 10. Scott Walker 11. Donald Trump 12. 1984 13. John Kasich 14. Dr. Ben Carson