The way things are going this year, Christmas in New York may end up feeling a lot like Christmas in July. The city may not exactly be a winter wonderland, but there a few upsides to this unseasonably warm weather. For instance: You can procrastinate even more on getting your coats dry-cleaned, you don’t have to switch over to puddle proof footwear and you can take advantage of these ten once-in-a-lifetime opportunities.
1. Go ice-skating at Wollman Rink in shorts. Free up those calves to really land that triple axel.
2. Tan on your roof while listening to holiday music. Just you, Mariah Carey's Christmas album and a wide-open afternoon.
3. Go to BEMF without having to worry about checking your coat. Or getting it stolen.
4. Have a picnic at Bryant Park’s Winter Village. Pass the candy cane brie, please!
5. Cool off under the shade of the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree. A 78-foot tall tree offers plenty of foliage.
6. Ask someone to turn up the air-conditioning at Santaland. I mean, c'mon. These elves look like they're about to pass out.
7. Have a Thanksgiving day rooftop pool party. The turkey will be served poolside, ladies.
8. Wear a maxi dress on Veterans Day. Why not?
9. Wear a two-piece to Santacon. You'll be the sexiest reindeer there. Suck on that, Vixen.
10. Delay your impending sense of winter doom by a solid 2-3 weeks. Well, at least one week.