Didn't happen to pick up a newspaper this morning? Don't worry, you already know what's in it. In fact, the most surprising thing happening in New York today is probably the weather. That, and the fact that SantaCon didn't actually end up getting that many noise complaints.
1. In a report released by StreetEasy this morning, the company predicted that Brooklyn would remain the most unaffordable rental market in New York City for another year in a row. The average renter is expected to set aside nearly two-thirds of their income to pay the borough's median asking rent in 2016.
2. The MTA is on track to miss another deadline on the Second Avenue Subway, a mythical subterranean passage, stories of which have been passed down for generations.
3. Anthony Weiner is rumored to be getting back into politics, a move that probably only Anthony Weiner thinks will end well.
4. Turns out, a lot of people get groped by creeps on an overcrowded trains.
5. Penn Station is currently mired in more development hell than a female-led action film. Anthony Weiner is now threatening to get involved and replace the companies behind the project.