DOMA was struck down, spirits were high, the march was a blast, the parties were popping and the weather semicooperated—yes, it was a fabulous Pride weekend, one that culminated at Dance on the Pier on the banks of the mighty Hudson. House and R&B diva Deborah Cox, Dave Audé and his fellow spinner Oscar G (from Murk), Whoopi Goldberg and Cherilyn Sarkisian LaPiere Bono Allman—yes, the magnificent Cher!—kept spirits high as the sun set, after which everyone presumably went home with a smile on their face. Or, perhaps, kept partying—it was that kind of weekend.
RECOMMENDED: Full Gay Pride in NYC coverage
You might also like
- Burlesque at the Beach at Sideshows by the Seashore: Then and now
- The best new Brooklyn spots: Where to find cool new venues in Brooklyn
- Neil O'Fortune Presents Bedlam Burlesque (slide show)
- Epic Win Burlesque Presents the Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Sexy (slide show)
- Museum collections with weird art and artifacts that will shock you