Three playful dolphins were spotted swimming in the East River on Tuesday afternoon in NYC.
The sighting took place at WNYC Transmitter Park in Greenpoint just after noon. New Yorker Cailin Doran caught them on video swimming near the park and under the bridge there:
Doran told Patch that she sighted them on a break at the park and that it was "just such a bright light in everything that happened over the past year."
The last reported dolphin sighting in this area was in 2013, when an offshore bottlenose showed up in the East River near Astoria and the Upper East Side, according to the New York Times. In December, another marine mammal surprised New Yorkers when a humpback whale was spotted swimming in the Hudson next to Lady Liberty.
Fill out our excellent (and extremely quick) Time Out Index survey right now, and have your voice heard.
Most popular on Time Out
- This new start-up delivers experiential meal kits from awesome NYC restaurants
- The best things to do in NYC
- The most famous paintings of all time
- Over 20 artists will display their work for free in Riverside Park this summer
- The best things to do this week
Want to know what’s cool in the city? Sign up to our newsletter for the latest and greatest from NYC and beyond.