David Chang has gone from East Village rebel to awards-circuit veteran, piling up accolades from Bon Appétit, GQ, the James Beard Society, Food & Wine and just about anyone who has ever eaten a pork bun. And years later, his Noodle Bar is still original, fun and, at times, outstanding. Noodle Bar made its bones taking the economic savior of college students everywhere—ramen noodles—and making them hot, duding up most of the bowls with sexy yet earthy ingredients like poached eggs and pickled pear, the latter turning the pork broth of the beef brisket nguyen into a spicy fruit tea.
Momofuku Noodle Bar
Time Out says
- 171 First Ave
- New York
- Cross street:
- between 10th and 11th Sts
- Subway: L to First Ave; N, R, W to 8th St–NYU; 6 to Astor Pl
- Average main course: $16. AmEx, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Thu noon–4:30pm, 5:30–11pm; Fri noon–4:30pm, 5:30pm–1am; Sat noon–4pm, 5:30pm–1am; Sun noon–4pm, 5:30–11pm
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video