It’s true: summer is over. But frankly, we don’t care one bit when autumn is looking this awesome. Honestly, autumn is absolutely packed full of great stuff going on around the country and you can get the low-down on all of it by grabbing a copy of Time Out Switzerland issue four, which is out now.
In the new issue we take a look at a restaurant built into the side of a mountain, male manicures, the best bars for after-work drinks, the cosiest local cafés to help you ignore those slowly falling temperatures, autumn wish-list items to keep the whole family happy, and the essential hot tickets to book, which very much includes a Zurich show by one Kylie Minogue – celebrating her 50th birthday this year.
As it happens, Kylie’s not the only one celebrating her 50th, as 2018 also marks 50 years of... Time Out! Unbelievably, it’s been five whole decades since an eight-page fold-up pamphlet, launched by 21-year-old student Tony Elliot, hit the streets of London. Things have grown a fair bit since then, so to celebrate this milestone, we take a look back at Time Out’s history over the years and explore how it’s evolved from that humble pamphlet into a global brand spanning 108 cities.
Continuing the 50-fever in the magazine, issue four also gives you 50 amazing things to do this autumn, from vineyard touring to high wire-walking to photography gazing to treetop-trekking to truffle-tasting. Too traditional for you? How about onion festivals, carrot sculptures and the chance to dress like a cow. Truly something for everyone.
Add to that lot our usual exhaustive coverage of the very best eating and drinking, music and nightlife, film and much more., and that really is your autumn sorted. You’ll be having way too much fun to remember what summer even looked like.
The magazine is available across Switzerland from a range of distributors – some of which are listed below. A full list of pickup points will be available soon. For more information and details of our subscription service, please email: email@example.com. If you are a business owner and would like copies of Time Out sent to your staff, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you just want to get hold of a copy drop us a line and we will sort it out for you.
Time Out Switzerland local distributors
- Orell Füssli English book departments in Zurich (Stadelhofen, Kramhof, Oerlikon and Bellevue), Bern (Bern rail station, Staufaccher and Spitalgasse) and Basel
- Zurich, Geneva and Basel airports
- All Boreal Coffee Shop branches in Zurich and Geneva
- Fork and Bottle, Zurich
- All British Swiss Chamber of Commerce events across Switzerland
- The British Embassy in Bern – Info here
- Hotel Helvetia, Zurich
- Oliver Twist Pub, Zurich
- All Mr Pickwick pubs in Baden, Basel, Bern, Zug, Lucerne and Zurich
- Simply Theatre Academy, Versoix – Info here
- Crazy Wolf, Lausanne
- The Bite, Zurich
- Payot English language department bookshops, Geneva and Lausanne
- Jim’s British Market, Gland
- The British Cheese Centre, Zurich
- Geneva English School – Info here
- Hull’s School, Zurich – Info here
- International School of Lausanne – Info here
- Septième Étage, Geneva
- Forever Beauty, Lausanne and Geneva
- The Geneva Welcome Centre (CAGI) – Info here
- Hamburger Foundation, Geneva
- Brassiere de Montbenon, Lausanne
- Landquart Fashion Outlet, Graubünden
- Lola Fred yoga - Zurich
- La Grenette cafe - Lausanne
- 2B For Hair
- Black Tap
- Brasserie de Montbenon
- Storchen Hotel
La Grenette – Lausanne
Street Kitchen Cafe – Lausanne
Expat Expo, Geneva (November 4)