Bright Vachirawit & Jennie
IG: @bbrightvc/IG: @jennierubyjane/GMM Grammy/YG Entertainment

Thailand's GMM Grammy and South Korea's YG to co-launch music label 'YGMM'

BLACKPINK x some Thai band? We love to see it!

Arpiwach Supateerawanitt
Written by
Arpiwach Supateerawanitt
Advertising

Big news from two entertainment giants in South Korea and Thailand shook the Internet, as YG Entertainment and GMM Grammy have announced a joint venture under the name YGMM with the value of registered capital about 200 million Baht. The company will be focusing on entertainment businesses and consultation for concerts, theaters, and acting.

YG Entertainment is widely known for being one of Big 3 in entertainment industry of South Korea, alongside SM Entertainment and JYP Entertainment. The label is home of K-Pop stars like TREASURE, iKON, and BLACKPINK—the last of whom is an internationally successful girl group joined by Thai idol Lalisa Manoban aka Lisa. Meanwhile, GMM Grammy is one of the longest-running mainstream entertainment company in Thailand that owns a number of music labels together with TV and film productions.

GMM Grammy is set to hold 51% of the company share, whereas the other 49% belongs to YG Entertainment. This forthcoming collaboration could bring about more exciting projects between the countries that open more opportunities for those aspiring to break into the idol world like BLACKPINK's Lisa.

Latest news

    Advertising