Here are all questions we have been frequently asked from you about this year’s Awakening Bangkok.
1. What time do the shows start?
- Lights will be turned on from 18:00 to 23:00 daily, from now until Dec 20.
2. Do I have to pay to see the lights?
- Showcases as well as all activities are of charge, except installation no. 36 (Carp Tale) at So Heng Tai, which charges B50 entry fee per person. It, however, comes with a glass of iced herbal drink.
3. You mentioned that some of the light showcases will be extended until Jan 4, 2021. Which pieces are they?
- Installation no. 11 (Stranger Playlist)
- Installation no. 12 (The Garden of Knowledge)
- Installation no. 18 (The Forest)
- Installation no. 23 (The Timiji Jungle)
- Installation no. 24 (Spring)
See the full list of the installations here.
4. Where can I pick up the walking map for Awakening Bangkok 2020?
- This year’s map can be collected at Time Out Bangkok Information Center in front of the Grand Postal Building. There is also an online map available in this link.
5. What are the nearest train stations to the festival?
- You can drop at BTS Saphan Taksin to visit the festival. But if you’re underground, MRT Hua Lam Phong is the nearest stop.
6. Where can I park my car?
- Parking spots are available at the Grand Postal Building and House No. 1. Parking fees are B20 per hour.
6. Can I get a parking waiver?
- No. We’re sorry about that.
7. Is there any discount on ride-hailing services?
- Gojek Thailand offers a 50% discount on every ride (maximum B25). Simply use discount code: GJAWKN
8. Are there any convenience stores around the festival?
- There are convenience stores at:
- Next to and behind Grand Postal Building
- On the ground floor of The Room condominium, Soi Charoenkrung 30
- River City Bangkok
- Opposite Siam Commercial Bank in Talad Noi neighborhood
9. Are there any COVID-19 preventive measures at the locations?
- Yes. The number of visitors is also limited at certain locations, while there are temperature checkpoints and hand sanitizers installed throughout the festival. In addition, festival-goers are required to wear face masks at all times.
10. What are other activities I can do at Awakening Bangkok 2020?
- There are concerts, silent disco parties, and festival dishes and drinks created specially for the event. Find all of them in this link.
Apart from these questions, you can still find all details about Awakening Bangkok 2020 here.