Opened in 1986 by musician and Bucktown resident Danny Cimaglio, the candlelit bar has long served as a hub for Chicagoans looking to get down on a very, very packed dance floor. On weekends, lines frequently trailed around the corner of Dickens Avenue; once inside, bar-goers were greeted with wall-to-wall crowds and DJs spinning everything from Afrobeat to ’80s hip-hop.
Rumors about the bar's impending closure have swirled for weeks on social media before current co-owner Michael Noone confirmed the news to Block Club. Danny's had another brush with closure amid rising rent costs back in 2015, but was ultimately spared after a groundswell of neighborhood support.
Most popular on Time Out
- 13 secluded Airbnb homes you can rent near Chicago
- The best things to do in Chicago this weekend
- November 2020 events calendar for Chicago
- The best places for hiking near Chicago
- The 45 best things to do in Chicago right now