Now that happy hour is a daily occurrence, you might as well freshen up your at-home bartending skills. We have just the guy to help: Paul McGee, the co-owner of Lost Lake and the beverage director for Land and Sea Dept. The lauded cocktail expert hooked us up with a recipe that's seriously easy and wildly impressive. Lost Lake's frosty Daiquiri Frappe requires just three ingredients that you probably already have at home: rum, a lime and sugar.
"This drink took us a bit to perfect, as most blender drinks tend to be too watered down," says McGee. "Using dry sugar and a bit of lime zest reduces the water content and adds brightness to this refreshing cocktail."
Dust off your blender and push aside that stack of frozen pizzas to dig some ice out of your freezer. Here's how to make Lost Lake's Daiquiri Frappe at home. And hey, if you love the recipe, consider tipping your bartender by donating to Lost Lake's employee relief fund.
2 oz rum
.5 oz fresh lime juice
1.5 tbsp sugar
1 pinch lime zest
1.5 cups of ice
Instructions: Add all ingredients to a blender and mix on medium for 15 seconds. Top with more lime zest.
Most popular on Time Out
- The best Chicago music venue merch to buy right now
- These 7 Chicago restaurants let you send food straight to frontline workers
- For the first time ever, Au Cheval offers its fan-favorite burger for delivery
- Support the Music Box Theatre by streaming an art-house film at home
- South Loop residents are saluting healthcare workers with nightly balcony celebrations