Missing trips to the Shedd Aquarium? Us too. While every institution on Chicago's Museum Campus remains shut down as we practice social distancing, the folks at the Shedd have been especially clever about finding ways to beam the magic of the lakefront aquatic complex directly to our homes. We've seen videos of penguins traipsing through empty exhibitions, and now it's possible to stare at some of the Shedd's colorful fish swim by on your phone or laptop.
A live cam in the aquarium's "Underwater Beauty" exhibit provides a relaxing and mesmerizing view of angelfishes, wrasses, tangs and butterflyfishes making their way through the water. Next time you're having a stressful day, plug in and zone out while you try to channel the calm, graceful feelings that these tropical fish evoke.
Most popular on Time Out
- The best Chicago music venue merch to buy right now
- These 7 Chicago restaurants let you send food straight to frontline workers
- For the first time ever, Au Cheval offers its fan-favorite burger for delivery
- Support the Music Box Theatre by streaming an art-house film at home
- South Loop residents are saluting healthcare workers with nightly balcony celebrations