Friendly warning! We're working hard to be accurate. But these are unusual times, so please check that venues remain open.
On Hammersmith riverside, this small museum is where William Morris, socialist and founding member of the Arts and Crafts movement, spent the last 18 years of his life (1878-96), and which he described to his wife Janey as 'the most beautiful house in London.' The place became a hive of creative activity when the couple moved in: Morris set up the Kelmscott Press here and established the laocal branch of the Socialist League in the Coach House, which hosted illustrious speakers including George Bernard Shaw and WB Yeats. The lower floors of Kelscott House, including the Coach House, are open to visitors twice a week, and also house the headquarters of the William Morris Society. The artist's spirit is kept alive by the museum's artist in residence, who gives free printing demos on Morris's weighty and elegant printing press (on frequent Saturdays).