Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
In our City Index, our readers rated their cities for six key characteristics...
• Dynamism - how vibrant and exciting life there feels.
• Inspiration - and whether the city feels like a pleasant or difficult place to live.
• Food & drink - if the city is somewhere you can eat well (and not too expensively!).
• Community - whether local neighbourhoods were rated highly.
• Sociability - and whether the city felt welcoming or isolating.
• Affordability - whether people could generally get by OK.
Scores for each category were ultimately combined to give each city an overall City Index score – here's how they did!