Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
In our City Index, our readers rated their cities for six key characteristics...
• Dynamism - how vibrant and exciting life there feels.
• Inspiration - and whether the city feels like a pleasant or difficult place to live.
• Food & drink - if the city is somewhere you can eat well (and not too expensively!).
• Community - whether local neighbourhoods were rated highly.
• Sociability - and whether the city felt welcoming or isolating.
• Affordability - whether people could generally get by OK.
Scores for each category were ultimately combined to give each city an overall City Index score – here's how they did!
Support Time Out
We see you’re using an ad-blocker. Ad revenue is Time Out’s main source of income. The content you’re reading is made by independent, expert local journalists.
Support Time Out directly today and help us champion the people and places which make the city tick. Cheers!Donate now