Outdoor movie season is here! We've teamed up with our favorite summer film series to test your movie knowledge and give you the opportunity to win two VIP tickets to the Eat|See|Hear screening of your choice. To enter, fill out the form at the bottom of this page before noon on Friday, May 20. Easy! This quiz, not so much. Good luck!
RECOMMENDED: All of LA's outdoor movies in one calendar
1) Dirty Dancing screens on May 7 at the Santa Monica High School Amphitheatre. What does Baby help carry to the staff dance?
2) The Princess Bride screens on May 14 at the Santa Monica High School Amphitheatre. Which of Westley's initial foes does he actually kill?
3) Labyrinth screens on May 21 at Centennial Square at Pasadena City Hall. What kind of bird does the Goblin King turn into throughout the movie?
4) The Big Lebowski screens on May 28 at the Autry Museum in Griffith Park. What is inside the ringer ransom briefcase?
5) Ferris Bueller's Day Off screens on June 4 at the North Hollywood Recreation Center. What kind of car does Cameron's dad own?
6) Jurassic Park screens on June 11 at the North Hollywood Recreation Center. Which of these theories is Dr. Ian Malcolm an expert on?
7) Trainwreck screens on June 18 at the Santa Monica High School Amphitheatre. Which actor lost 20 pounds for this role?
8) Dazed and Confused screens on June 25 at the Autry Museum in Griffith Park. The film's title comes from a song of the same name by which of the following bands?
9) Coming to America screens on July 2 at the Autry Museum in Griffith Park. Which of these parts in the movie does Eddie Murphy not play?
10) John Waters' Hairspray screens on July 9 at the Santa Monica High School Amphitheatre. What was this movie rated?
11) ¡North By Northwest screens on July 16 at the Autry Museum in Griffith Park. At which national monument does Cary Grant's character almost lose his life?
12) 500 Days of Summer screens on July 23 at Centennial Square at Pasadena City Hall. Which historic LA location does the final scene take place in?
13) Trainspotting screens on July 30 at the Autry Museum in Griffith Park. Which of these is not one of Mark "Rent Boy" Renton's friends?
14) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory screens on August 6 at Centennial Square at Pasadena City Hall. How many Oompa Loompas are there in the film?
15) BIG screens on August 13 at the Autry Museum in Griffith Park. Which toy store is featured prominently in the film?
16) The Goonies screens on August 20 at La Cienega Park in Beverly Hills. What dance does Chunk have to do in order to be let inside the house?
17) Spaceballs screens on August 27 at the Santa Monica High School Amphitheatre. When will then be now?
18) The Hateful Eight screens on September 3 at the Autry Museum in Griffith Park. Which of these professions does not belong to anyone traveling in the stagecoach?
19) Pretty In Pink screens on September 10 at the Santa Monica High School Amphitheatre. Which song plays at the prom when Andie and Blane kiss?
20) Purple Rain screens on September 17 at the Santa Monica High School Amphitheatre. What brand is Prince's customized purple motorcycle?
Curious what you missed? Take a look and find out which movies you may want to watch again this summer.
- 1. In Dirty Dancing, Baby helps carry a watermelon to the staff party, at which she infamously blurts out the line "I carried a watermelon!"
- 2. In The Princess Bride, Westley kills Vizzini by poisoning both of their cups with iocane powder, to which he'd built up a resistance. Inconceivable!
- 3. In Labyrinth, the Goblin King turns into an owl.
- 4. In The Big Lebowski, there are dirty undies inside the ringer ransom briefcase. Laundry. The whites!
- 5. In Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Cameron's dad owns (well, owned—whoops) a Ferrari.
- 6. In Jurassic Park, Dr. Ian Malcolm is a sexy, sexy expert on Chaos Theory.
- 7. In Trainwreck, Bill Hader lost 20 pounds for his role.
- 8. In Dazed and Confused, the film's title comes from a song of the same name by Led Zeppelin.
- 9. In Coming To America, the part not played by Eddie Murphy is that of Mr. Townsend, the landlord in Queens.
- 10. John Waters' Hairspray was rated PG; it was Waters' first film to have such a tame rating.
- 11. In North By Northeast, Cary Grant's character almost loses his life at Mount Rushmore.
- 12. In 500 Days Of Summer, the final scene takes place inside the Bradbury Building.
- 13. In Trainspotting, Heroin Bob is not one of Mark "Rent Boy" Renton's friends.
- 14. In Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, there are 12 Oompa Loompas.
- 15. In BIG, the toy store FAO Schwartz is featured prominently.
- 16. In The Goonies, Chunk must do the Truffle Shuffle in order to be let inside the house.
- 17. In Spaceballs, then will be now soon.
- 18. In The Hateful Eight, no one traveling in the stagecoach is a hangman.
- 19. In Pretty In Pink, "If You Leave" by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark is the song playing at the prom when Andie and Blane kiss.
- 20. In Purple Rain, Prince rides a customized Honda motorcycle.