Outdoor movie season is here! We've teamed up with our favorite summer film series to test your movie knowledge and give you the opportunity to win two VIP tickets to the Eat|See|Hear screening of your choice. To enter, fill out the form at the bottom of this page before noon on Friday, May 20. Easy! This quiz, not so much. Good luck!
RECOMMENDED: All of LA's outdoor movies in one calendar
Curious what you missed? Take a look and find out which movies you may want to watch again this summer.
- 1. In Dirty Dancing, Baby helps carry a watermelon to the staff party, at which she infamously blurts out the line "I carried a watermelon!"
- 2. In The Princess Bride, Westley kills Vizzini by poisoning both of their cups with iocane powder, to which he'd built up a resistance. Inconceivable!
- 3. In Labyrinth, the Goblin King turns into an owl.
- 4. In The Big Lebowski, there are dirty undies inside the ringer ransom briefcase. Laundry. The whites!
- 5. In Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Cameron's dad owns (well, owned—whoops) a Ferrari.
- 6. In Jurassic Park, Dr. Ian Malcolm is a sexy, sexy expert on Chaos Theory.
- 7. In Trainwreck, Bill Hader lost 20 pounds for his role.
- 8. In Dazed and Confused, the film's title comes from a song of the same name by Led Zeppelin.
- 9. In Coming To America, the part not played by Eddie Murphy is that of Mr. Townsend, the landlord in Queens.
- 10. John Waters' Hairspray was rated PG; it was Waters' first film to have such a tame rating.
- 11. In North By Northeast, Cary Grant's character almost loses his life at Mount Rushmore.
- 12. In 500 Days Of Summer, the final scene takes place inside the Bradbury Building.
- 13. In Trainspotting, Heroin Bob is not one of Mark "Rent Boy" Renton's friends.
- 14. In Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, there are 12 Oompa Loompas.
- 15. In BIG, the toy store FAO Schwartz is featured prominently.
- 16. In The Goonies, Chunk must do the Truffle Shuffle in order to be let inside the house.
- 17. In Spaceballs, then will be now soon.
- 18. In The Hateful Eight, no one traveling in the stagecoach is a hangman.
- 19. In Pretty In Pink, "If You Leave" by Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark is the song playing at the prom when Andie and Blane kiss.
- 20. In Purple Rain, Prince rides a customized Honda motorcycle.