Heads up! We’re working hard to be accurate – but these are unusual times, so please always check before heading out.
1. You go to Menchie’s on the reg, but only because Studio Yogurt closed (we loved you even though you were cash-only).
2. Your neighbors are families. Who have houses. And yards. And driveways. Kids come to your door for Halloween.
3. You don’t freak out about street parking because in your hood, there is street parking all day erryday.
5. You have the best sushi spots in LA on speed dial, and they’re all within a mile of your house.
7. You're confused when people say there isn’t decent falafel in LA because, duh, Amir’s.
9. Your regular dive bars include those of the tiki variety.
10. You use your AC in the summer, and your heater in the winter—you know, like the rest of the country.
12. You don’t really know anything about Panorama City either.
14. You don’t shudder when someone mentions strip malls, because your favorite sushi/sandwich/BBQ spot is in one.
15. You’ve seen a play at the El Portal Theatre.
16. You’ve been to 94th Aero Squadron to watch planes land while you have a cocktail.
18. Burbank is your go-to airport, meaning you can get from the security line to your gate in the same amount of time it takes to drive through LAX’s drop-off loop.
19. Date night includes a quick jaunt to a Mullholland Drive lookout.
20. You have a favorite liquor store, and you know which movie it was featured in.
21. You’ve been to Bob’s Big Boy on Friday night for a car show.
22. You mourned the loss of Henry’s Tacos for a minute, then celebrated when it re-opened across the street (and you refuse to eat at the new Cactus Taqueria).
23. Your landlord told you that your apartment complex was the only one on the block to escape damage from the Northridge earthquake.
24. You love driving home at night from across town, because coming over the hill into the lit-up Valley is like stumbling across the Emerald City.
25. You’re well aware that most people think the Valley girl stereotype is alive and well, but c’mon, guys: Clueless is almost 20 years old. A real Valley girl would never be a virgin who can’t drive.
What makes you a real Valley girl? Tell us in a comment below.