Walk through an unmarked side door at the front of Japanese restaurant Village Yokocho, and you’ll find yourself in perhaps the classiest joint in the East Village. Angel’s Share remains completely unknown to some of its neighbors, and that duality is part of its charm. Standing around and groups of four or more are not allowed—but this is really a date place anyway, offering a stellar view of Stuyvesant Square and excellent cocktails, including one of the city’s best grasshoppers. The rotating list of inventive quaffs is organized by spirit, though the tuxedoed bartenders will gladly surprise you with a custom concoction.
Time Out says
- 8 Stuyvesant St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Second and Third Aves
- Subway: L to Third Ave; N, R to 8th St–NYU; 6 to Astor Pl
- Average drink: $8. AmEx, DC, Disc, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Wed, Sun 6pm–1:30am; Thu 6pm–2am; Fri, Sat 6pm–2:30am
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video