At this bi-level beer hall, servers have donned traditional lederhosen and dirndls for lugging pints of German beers like Schofferhofer Grapefruit and Hofbräu Dunkel. To soak up the suds, find Deutsch bites like jagerschnitzel and sausages. The wooden bar was imported from German town Erding, and there is a 70-seat outdoor space for warm-weather boozing.
Time Out says
- 19 South William St
- New York
- Cross street:
- at Broad St (entrance on Stone St)
- View Website
- (212) 480-8142
- Subway: J, Z to Broad St; 4/5 to Bowling Greet; R/1 to Whitehall/South Ferry; 23 to Wall St.
- Average beer: $8. AmEx, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Sun-Tue 11am-12am; Wed 11am-1am
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video