When Matt Dawson heard that Società Riposto was closing, he thought the old Sicilian social club would make an ideal hipster watering hole. So he gutted the bland card-playing room and installed designer touches, right? Fuhgeddaboudit. He kept every detail he could and even hung photographs of the original members on the walls. The bar has been kept simple (and prices, reasonable), but there’s one significant add-on: a backyard with a patio.
Time Out says
- 335 Smith St
- Cross street:
- between Carroll and President Sts
- Subway: F, G to Carroll St
- Average drink: $6. Cash only
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Thu 6pm–2am; Fri, Sat 6pm–4am; Sun 5pm–2am. Garden closes 11pm Mon–Thu, Sun; midnight Fri, Sat.
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video