Leave the overhyped, overcrowded Campbell Apartment to the Metro-North crowd; the low-lit Carnegie Club is classy and quiet. A bartender in pinstripes expertly mixes classic cocktails, such as the My Way manhattan (Jack Daniels on the rocks with “no vermouth, no bitters and no cherries”). On Saturdays, a singer backed by an 11-piece orchestra does Sinatra covers. Hidden among the well-stocked bookshelves are plenty of private corners for curling up with a mojito and a friend.
Time Out says
- 156 W 56th St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Sixth and Seventh Aves
- Subway: F, N, Q, R to 57th St
- Cover: Fri two-drink minimum, Sat $30 plus two-drink minimum. Average drink: $10. AmEx, DC, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Fri 4:30pm–1am, Sat 6pm–2am
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video