It may be pocket-size, but that pocket is full of goodies. Evenings begin with readings, poetry and art. On Bingo Tuesday, blue-haired ladies battle yuppies for 99-cent prizes, and Wednesday’s Quizz-Off draws top-drawer TP mavens; Scrabble is on Saturday. After the games, there’s free music in the Pullman-car-shaped performance space, with acts on the cusp of wider recognition appearing nightly. When the weather warms, the backyard opens to stargazers. Throw in surprisingly good pressed sandwiches and an El Diablo (tequila, cassis and ginger ale) the size of a Big Gulp. What more could you want?
Pete's Candy Store
Time Out says
- 709 Lorimer St
- Cross street:
- between Frost and Richardson Sts
- Subway: L to Lorimer St, G to Metropolitan Ave
- Average drink: $4. AmEx, MC, V
- Opening hours:
- Mon, Tue, Wed 5pm-2am; Thu 5pm-4am; Fri 4pm-4am; Sat 3:30pm-4am; Sun 3:30pm-2am
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video