You’ll need a magnifying glass to navigate the chalk-drawn wine list at this dimly lit vino depot, oddly named for Jack the Ripper’s hunting grounds. Happily, knowledgeable servers are there to help, and the collection of global organic wines—16 glasses, most for less than $10, and 50 bottles—rewards your troubles. Standouts include Morocco’s fruit-forward Syrocco syrah or a floral Austrian Grüner Veltliner. Snacks are basic but tasty—stick to cold plates like oysters and tartares.
The Ten Bells
Time Out says
- 247 Broome St
- New York
- Cross street:
- between Ludlow and Orchard Sts
- Subway: F to Delancey St; J, M, Z to Delancey–Essex Sts
- Average glass of wine: $7. Cash only
- Opening hours:
- Mon–Fri 5pm–2am; Sat, Sun noon–2am
- Do you own this business?
- Sign in & claim business
Discover Time Out original video