Praise the television binge-watching gods. Orange is the New Black returned this past Friday for another season of heartwarming moments, shocking violence and surprising twists. Whether you’ve already thrown an over-the-top themed viewing party and watched the full season or have only managed to catch a couple episodes, you’ve probably already come to the realization that life at Litchfield for Piper and the gang is a little more familiar than you may have thought. Here are 13 ways living in Litchfield is basically like living in NYC.
1. It's impossible to sleep at night because your neighbor won't stop shrieking.
2. Shared bathrooms are a necessary evil.
3. You weep at the sight of countryside and the smell of fresh air.
3. You spend two-thirds of your day peering out of a small window as the world passes you by outside.
4. You can't escape that ex you just broke up with because they're LITERALLY EVERYWHERE.
5. An aura of crippling anxiety pervades the air.
6. You develop an intense bond with strangers in tight, confined spaces.
7. Doing laundry is considered a good day's work.
8. Two words: bed bugs.
9. Everybody has a tattoo.
10. There's no way to know what you're actually eating from a hot bar.
11. New Yorkers will do anything for a good donut.
12. There's nothing like a good holiday party to look forward to.
13. Leaving is never a good idea.