New Year's Eve will be here before we know it, so close out 2015 on a high note by filling the next few weeks with drinking, dancing and December fun. Here's your NYC bucket list for the rest of the year.
1. Eat as many cookies as you can, vote for your favorite, and try not to get sick at the Brooklyn Cookie Takedown
Dec 13 at noon; The Royal Palms Shuffleboard Club, Brooklyn; $20
2. Go ice skating!
Various locations and times, see link to find a rink
3. Stuff yourself with all the potato pancakes you can physically handle at the Seventh Annual Latke Festival
Dec 7 at 6:30pm; Metropolitan Pavilion; $75
4. See what color your emotions are at the Museum of Feelings
Through Dec 15, Mon–Sat 11am–9pm, Sun 11am–7pm; Brookfield Place Plaza; free
5. Belt out your favorite carols while you stroll through Washington Square Park with hundreds of people at Unsilent Night
Dec 12 at 7pm; Washington Square Park; free
6. Celebrate African heritage with live performances and a documentary screening at Kwanzaa 2015: Energize, Recognize!
Dec 27 at noon and 3pm; American Museum of Natural History; free with museum admission, vendor and food prices vary
7. Go to a rave at BangOn!NYC New Year's Eve: Time and Space
Dec 31 at 9pm; Brooklyn location TBA; $64.29–$159.24
8. Belt out holiday hits with strangers at Party Like It's 1999: All I Want for Christmas is Mariah Edition
Dec 5 at 10pm; The Bell House, Brooklyn; free
9. See the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree in all its glory, then watch the ice skaters take a twirl
Until January 2; Rockefeller Plaza; free
10. See your favorite Star Wars get-ups in the flesh at "Star Wars and the Power of Costume: The Exhibition"
Until Feb 29, Sun-Thu 9am-8pm, Fri-Sat 9am-10pm; Discovery Times Square; $27.50
11. Buy spooky gifts like animal skulls and taxidermied mice with top hats at the Morbid Anatomy Flea Market
Dec 13 at noon; The Bell House, Brooklyn; $1
12. Work off a little bit of the ho-ho-holidays and run a Santa Suit 5K
Dec 13 in Prospect Park at 11am; Dec 19 at Rockaway Beach at 11am; $50
13. Drink to your youth at an Ugly Sweater Pub Crawl in the East Village
Dec 5 at 3pm; beginning at Bar None; $10 for a wristband that gets you $3 draft beers and half-priced well drinks at included bars till 4am
14. Put a little rave into the High Holidays at Glow-in-the-dark Chanukah Dinner
Dec 11 at 6pm; 92nd Street Y; $30
15. See some of your favorite rockers (including members of Yeasayer and The War on Drugs) perform at Dave Harrington & Friends Holiday Spectacular
Sun 13 at 8pm; Le Poisson Rouge; $12, day of show $15 (It's for a good cause—all profits go to Harlem School of the Arts)