Here’s some perfect news for this dreary, order-in day. One of the best food delivery services in New York, Caviar, announced an impressive addition to their lineup of restaurants this morning. The popular California-based Umami Burger, which has three outposts in the city, will now be available to order through the app.
“Since we opened on Sixth Avenue, New Yorkers have been asking us for delivery,” says Paul Clayton, the CEO of Umami Burger. “We looked at several different options and Caviar offered one of the best experiences for our customers, including maintaining the presentation and quality of our burgers as they journey from the kitchen to diners’ homes.”
Umami Burger is focused on creating burgers that capture a specific fifth taste sense called umami found in things like Parmesan and soy sauce. Though the chain is best known for it’s classic Umami Burger, another notable dish available on the menu is the Mindy Burger designed by Mindy Kaling. $1 from each sale is dedicated to the Pancreatic Cancer Action Network.
If burgers aren’t your thing, here are five other dining options worth trying on Caviar.
1. Mighty Quinn’s - To-die-for barbecue mixing Texas and Carolinas styles.
2. The Cannibal - Meaty entrées to whet the appetite of most carnivores.
3. Han Dynasty - Spicy Szechuan food with a cult following.
4. Black Seed Bagels - Montreal-style bagels with tasty cream cheese and appetizers.
5. Babu Ji - Innovative Indian food via Melbourne.