With a lineage that includes the lofty likes of Julie Atlas Muz, Lefty Lucy, Bambi the Mermaid, Gal Friday and BB Heart, the title of Miss Coney Island is a heavy burden to bear. But we have a feeling that the winner of this year’s pageant, Miss Cherry Delight—who, on Friday, September 14, beat out the likes of Scooter Pie, the Flying Fox and Dame Cuchifrita at the event’s tenth edition—will wear the crown with grace and style throughout her one-year reign.
RECOMMENDED: Full guide to Coney Island in NY
You might also like
- Bark in the Park with the Brooklyn Cyclones (SLIDE SHOW)
- Coney Island Sand Sculpting Contest and Unity Day 2012 (SLIDE SHOW)
- Coney Island opening day 2013: Luna Park, Deno's, more (slide show)
- West Indian-American Day Carnival 2012 (SLIDE SHOW)
- Photos of New York bridges: View the Brooklyn Bridge and more