Its usual home, Sideshows by the Seashore, may still be its recovering from the effects of the hurricane (damn you, Sandy!)—but that doesn't mean the Coney Island Circus Sideshow has been sitting around twiddling its thumbs. No, sirree—not when there's phone books to be ripped in half, snakes to be charmed, swords to be swalloed and beds of nails to lie down in. Led by Adam the First Real Man, the troupe has set up shop at the Slipper Room, where you can catch the crew of "freaks, wonders and human curiosities" every Wednesday through the end of February.
RECOMMENDED: Full guide to Coney Island in NY
Coney Island Circus Sideshow is at the Slipper Room every Wednesday through February 27.
You might also like
- Susanne Bartsch and Kenny Kenny's Vandam Sundays (slide show)
- Sharkbite Sideshow: Shark Week Edition (slide show)
- Museum collections with weird art and artifacts that will shock you
- Warm Up with Matthew Dear, Sepalcure, MikeQ, Le1f, and JDH & Dave P at MoMA PS1 on July 21, 2012 (SLIDE SHOW)
- Street art and graffiti in New York: Where to go and who to see